Atkinson-Kruspe "Legacy" (AK-1930)
The famous "Walter Kruspe Double Horn" (a.k.a. Symphony Model) is HERE! Even better this time, it has not been reproduced since 1930 using exact Kruspe dimensions. Embellished with modern technology combined with an indelible Atkinson fingerprint. This horn model was chosen for its unique traits: extra long leadpipe, extra long first branch, in-line valves, independent tuning slides, and smooth bends. The extra long leadpipe and first branch give an undisturbed taper that gives you a consistent feel, smoothness in all registers, and abundant overtones. With in-line valves it notches through the partials somewhat like an Alexander, however has the ease of a Geyer and the beautiful, warm, resonant sound of a light Kruspe. The high register is magical somewhat like a Schmidt with an intense center in the upper register and a velvety middle register enhanced by a powerful low register. This horn is AMAZING and we spared no expense in its development and used 50 years of skill to make it a tour de force. No Horn in the world looks or plays like it!!
- Specifications and options: Metal: Nickel-Silver
- Two bell sizes: Traditional and Extra Large
- Adjustable & Reversible thumb valve lever
- Screw Bell or Fixed Bell (Same Price)
- Hand Lapped Brass Rotors
- Bore - .468 in. (11.9mm)
- Extra Long Leadpipe & First Branch for more overtones and projection
- Pitch: A440-A442
- Water keys on leadpipe and short F branch (Amado or JoyKey) $85.00 each
- Adjustable Palm Flipper and finger hook $85.00 each
- Bell Shield & Leadpipe Shield $85.00 each
Case not included.
WARRANTY=2 years parts and labor, excludes lacquer and plating.