Atkinson Bell Flares
" NEW videos is up " Check below.
World-famous bells handmade in Burbank, CA. The flare constitutes a majority of the vibrating surface area of your horn and is acoustically the most important and influential part of your sound.
There are many options of flare shape and material. We are constantly developing new products and have released a new copper alloy bell to our lineup to rave reviews. The sound is something you have to experience to believe. Worth every penny! (no pennies were harmed in the making of these bells)
- Brass is the universal material for our bell flares and offers a beautiful balance of overtones, giving good projection and fullness of sound.
- Nickel is harder than brass giving it a different bias in the overtones, some would say more of a brilliant sound.
- Copper is softer than brass but very durable, having a similar but opposite effect on the overtones to nickel. This gives copper flares a dark, vibrant sound. We have been stunned by this sound quality.
The bell shapes also affect the sound, projection, and feel of your horn.
- Traditional Geyer bells are clear in sound, somewhat brighter, and project brilliantly. They are also easy to hand stop.
- The medium-large bell is slightly darker than the traditional Geyer, warmer in sound, and can handle more volume.
- The extra-large bell is our version of the classic 8D shape with the characteristic warm sound and overtone production. This will fit on our Geyers but it shines with Kruspe style horns.
- Call / text: 818-903-1958 for any of your questions or concerns.